Pickaxe name updated doesn't change in the studio

When I change the name of a pickaxe, it doesn’t change in the studio. It’s like the studio keep copy of old version in the Pages, menu and Monitor. However, when I edit the pickaxe from the studio, the new one appears. If I change a pickaxe option (ex. remove the document upload option), the change is reflected in the studio…
Same as this bug report who have been resolved in april
Is this normal?

1 Like

Hi @yvan,

If you press “Edit page” on any of the Pickaxes page, you should be able to edit the Pickaxe name.

Yes that’s true.
So that means when I embed a pickaxe in a studio, the name is managed by studio not by the source pickaxe anymore they are independant for the name not for the instructions and settings? I’m true?

1 Like

Currently, Studio manages Pickaxe’s name, description, and image separately. Soon, we will also support changing button texts and form labels for form Pickaxes.

3 Likes

To add to Mr. Stephen’s already wonderful explanation…

Styling + branding of Pickaxe are controlled within the studio. This is because many customers reuse the same tool across studios but want unique branding.

Prompt, documents, + underlying functionality is controlled within the tool. If you edit the prompt of a tool, it will affect all the instances of that tool (across all studios and across all embeds).

2 Likes

OK thank U for these clear answers.
It makes sense. I understand well.

On a related topic, can we change the name of the studio itself?

If so, how? I can change the name of pickaxes and tools but not the studio.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @hrwisdom,

You can change the name or description of your studio by editing the landing page.

1 Like