Can we have a Pickaxe Output A Word Document?

Hi,

I am trying to get my Pickaxe to output a word document from a response is this possible?

Thank you in advance!

2 Likes

Currently, this is not possible. Pickaxes only output text, images, and rich hyperlinks. There is a copy button that lets you copy the entirety of the content. Many users just paste the outputs into word documents.

1 Like

This is definitely something both clients and customers seem to really want.

I quickly created a tool to help a teacher friend of mine. The need to copy and paste was a big hurdle.

I ended up making the tool as a GPT for her on ChatGPT.com because I was able to get that to spit out some really baseline PDFs.

In reality the copy pasted text would be easier to work with. It’s easier to edit, and it can be dropped into a consistent style sheet to produce professionally consistent content.

But for whatever reason, having to copy and paste the material was simply perceived to be too much work.

3 Likes

Thank you for confirming, I didn’t want to spend time trying to get the pickaxe to do something it is not capable of doing right now.

I agree, this functionality is in GPT and it is something I have used before that yielded value. I hope in the future this will be a capability!

Agreed. It will make a difference when users can take away a document from the Pickaxe.

It will also be useful if users can upload documents to chatbots.

Users can already upload documents to a Pickaxe if that option is selected by the Pickaxe creator.

Right. But there are some issues with the current system in my opinion.

1st, the upload box cannot be repositioned to complement the logic or user journey throughout the Pickaxe. For e.g. the user is required to upload a document after input #3, there is no way to reposition the upload box, it can only be accessed if the user scrolls back up to find it positioned before any input.

2nd, it only accepts PDF (or at least users will think it does because of the user prompt currently displayed “Upload PDF Document”.

Im keen for this. Specifically, I want to create PDF worksheets for my students.

Perhaps when API POST functions is launched we could send the pickaxe’s output via API to a 3rd party app to create a WORD or PPT or PDF document. (with hopefully good formatting).

Just a thought.