Copying output the format needs help

Hi after I do my inquiry and get my result back from PickAxe and have a chance to copy and paste via the copy and paste icon and paste into a document it’s formated all strange. Here is the screenshot of it:

output

It is copying over the markdown formatting. The way our system works is that any text with markdown formatting that appears in the chat box is rendered to have bold, headings, itaclics, etc.

The Problem
When you copy the text, you are also copying the markdown formatting. So when you paste it to a place you also paste the markdown formatting. If you copy it into Google Docs, for example, you will see the markdown formatting because it doesn’t support it. If you post it into the community forums, for example, you won’t see the markdown formatting because it will render as markdown. I hope that makes sense.

The Solution
If you want to avoid this, I suggest in your prompt you specifically instruct the tool to NOT USE markdown formatting in its answer. Then it will generate outputs that do not use markdown formatting.

1 Like

Thank you Mike! this sounds like a great solution and I’ll give it a try.

If you want to keep the formatting intact, and you happen to be using a Mac, you can take the resultant output and paste it into Apple Notes. Then once it’s in Apple Notes, it should be possible to copy that and paste it while retaining the proper formatting for other applications.

2 Likes

Thanks Intellibotique! I don’t use a mac but I’m sure someone here might want to know how to use it with a Mac. Very helpful!

1 Like

There’s also Pandoc but it looks like a more technical approach and less seamless.