One time payment

Hi

Can I sell access to a pickaxe as a one time payment?

4 Likes

Great suggestion! We’ve been thinking about how to implement this. Would you want to do both one-time payments and recurring subscriptions, or only one? And how would you want to lock tools behind one-time payments?

Your feedback will help us as we design this!

2 Likes

Hi Mike

I think the way to do it, would be for me to choose either one time payment or subscription.

The most flexible way to lock access is:

• Time (eg. Buy this tool for 7 Days)

• Number of uses (eg. Buy 10 answers from the bot

Den 19. jul. 2024, fra 02.22, mikegioia via Pickaxe Community Forum <notifications@pickaxeproject.discoursemail.com> skrev:

2 Likes

I would definitely like a pay as you go option for people so if this is on the roadmap will it be available for Appsumo plans?

I like the one time payment idea as it mimics the way simple software has historically been sold prior to almost everything moving to the subscription model.

Having a few free uses and then paying $5-$10 to actually be able to use it in perpetuity feels like a solid approach.

Yes, when one-time payments is released it will be available to all.

1 Like

One-time payments are officially launched! As of now it’s only selectable in the wizard when you first build your studio, which means you can’t switch a studio between subscription and one-time after building it.

Let us know what you think!

3 Likes

Really fast work! I have already created a studio where I would like to get one time payments. Can you change it for me?

We have just added one-time payments in the studio. Currently a studio can only be subscription or one-time, not both.

I know. But when I created my studio one time payment was not available. And I can’t change it myself. Can you change it for me or do I need to create a new stidio?

Hey Mike, I just came here to request a feature, looks like it’s been discussed. The ability to offer subscription and one time payment options, for the same pickaxe models. Is this something we can do?

I’m pretty sure you can just duplicate the studio and have a different billing strategy for each.

1 Like

No, I can’t change the payment type if I clone my studio :frowning:

I guess you would need to replicate the studio from
Scratch instead of cloning it to do the same thing with just a couple extra steps and some copying and pasting.