Response history | Policy and GDPR issues

Studio > Monitor > Response history
The respons history shows all users intaraction, and we must mention it in our Terms of use and Privacy Policy.

The issues are:

1. We need the option to delete the histroy, by us or user request.
  2. How long the Response history sotred?
  3. Where is the data stored, if not in EU need to be complained to GDPR (for EU users)
  4. So far we need to use third party service to emebed in studio to show policies and cookie/policy consents
5 Likes

I’d love to know the answer to these aswell so I can update my studios terms and privacy.

The good news is Pickaxe recently launched the ability to add custom code which allows you to add a popup for terms acceptance. Not ideal but good workaround for now.

You can delete user responses by clicking on the trash icon next to responses.

The data is stored on multiple servers since we use a system called ‘computing on the edge’. I can’t say specifically where each server is but I can tell that, unfortunately, some are not in the EU. So you cannot promise that all data is stored in the EU with certainty.

Responses are stored forever unless deleted.

We will be allowing studio owners to add plain markdown pages to their studios, in no small part because many users want to add privacy policies.

We also added a part of the studio where you can inject code into the header for cookie purposes.

1 Like

This is awesome. Will there be instructions or a guide for us rookies? Thank you for all that you are doing.

The code injection is fairly simple to use. If you have a line of code you want to be in the header of the Studio page, you just paste it in there. You can find this option in the Studio Manager under Design>Content.

There are many reasons you might want to do this.

I’ve included a screenshot of the section below.

3 Likes

Excellent :+1: many thanks for this code section!

2 Likes

I am using Concord for the cookie consent, and it works well by directing users to a policy page on a different domain. I hope you will soon have the option to include our policies here and add a checkbox on the registration pop-up form, which would cover us.

4 Likes

Hey Matsuai, perhaps you want to share a link to Concord and a little explanation of how to use it with Pickaxe. I’m sure that many Pickaxe users would benefit from this knowledge.

1 Like

@admin_mike is there any way to automatically delete the chats after a user has left their session so we can maintain client confidentiality?

It may be a better option, Get Terms platforms came back, is also generate Policies (Concord dosnet).

Currently, there’s no way to automatically delete chats automatically. You have to do so manually.

I believe Pickaxe is working to add the ability to place footers as just a link and not full display of text at the bottom of the studio. Is this just wishful thinking or is it truly in the works? I recall a discussion, but cannot find the information to see if there is a timeline for implementation.

Yes, this is on the to-do list!

@admin_mike hope you are well. SO- I imagine a user might be hesitant to share their personal challenges if they know some one could read them.

1. Is it possible to give the use an option to delete their chat themselves once they have finished? IIRC if they sign out and then come back in they do not see their previous chat?

2. I tried as a user to ask the pickaxe to delete the chat but she said she was unable to do so but "rest assured we keep this private.

3. Would it work to add instructions to the prompt to delete the chat history once the chat is closed?

4. If none of the above work how hard/expensive would it be to make an option to delete all chats.

With all of the hacking going on I am only imagine people want their chats to be unavailable?

Have a great weekend everyone!

Hey, I saw in another post that you are dealing with health content. If that’s correct, you should stop it immediately and not allow any of your clients to use the Pickaxe platform bot as a consultant before you are checking well about HIPAA . Any platform that deals with health should comply with HIPAA and other privacy laws that need to be followed. You can get into serious trouble. Consider developing your own platform and hiring special developers who are compliant with HIPAA.

For now, Pickaxe is far from being compliant with anything regarding privacy and terms of use for their platform.

Until Pickaxe adds the necessary pages that we can use as our policies and includes an agreement checkmark on the registration popup, we are all violating the laws. As for Pickaxe, their obligation to provide such a SaaS platform without those mandatory features may also be violating the laws.

I have stopped using it for now and am considering a refund if they do not implement any basic features to resolve this issue within the 60-day refund policy timeframe.

And about your questions:
AI can’t delete by itself unless there are other backend features (the prompt will not help). I don’t believe it is hard or expensive to develop that option; it’s about whether they want to do so (it can take a few days).

The same goes for adding blanket pages for our policies; that should take a few days, but it is still not here. I have experience with development. It looks like Pickaxe’s priority or understanding of how big the issue with our policies is and how their SaaS platform is performing is lacking. It seems they didn’t think about this before launching their product.

About data privacy:
You should do your own research if it involves other privacy data and health. Remember that Pickaxe is an early-stage tool and may not comply at many levels, and you could get into serious issues.

1 Like

Hey Matsuai,

You can add cookies/pop-ups by adding code to the headers in your Studio. I recommend doing this if you need to include opt-in agreements. I linked a help post thread that explains how to do that.

Regarding Privacy policies, while we don’t fully support adding these, there are several simple workarounds. If you’re hosting a custom domain via something like CloudFlare, you can add extra static pages. The other workaround for the moment is to simply add a link in the Home page that links to a plain text page or file. This is quite popular.

Regarding other privacy concerns, if you’re unhappy with the current system you are welcome to request a refund. It would be quite understandable.

Are you not going to add two blank pages so we can copy and paste our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use? I need to understand this clearly and ensure I comprehend it.

You understand that you provide a service that requires us to add policies. It’s on the internet—selling, collecting information—and you are taking 10%. And your solution is to direct a link, some kind of workaround.

I see you are not worried about any legal complications.

Let’s make it clear: are you planning to add the option for us to add policies in the Studio platform in the future?

1 Like

Regardign your last comment *

if you’re unhappy with the current system you are welcome to request a refund. It would be quite understandable.

I will, beacuse you guys do not seems to take those things seruisly or not sharing everything, or probably not even tought about this issue.
And the way how you guys handling it, is a big red flag for me.

1 Like

I agree on matsuai points 100%. These are very big issues and need to be answered simply and clearly. We aren’t asking these questions out of spite but because of actual concern to ensure we are compliant and able to use Pickaxe to build products that users pay money for.

If this is something Pickaxes is not ready to add for us, its a platform that EU based Pickaxe builders are unable to use legally. Note that data also needs to be saved in servers that are physically located inside EU borders.

" EU data residency requirements refer to regulations that require companies to store and process personal data of EU residents within the European Union boundaries."

2 Likes

With the custom scripting, you should be able to add a checkbox on registration pop-up now!