How do I setup custom domains?

I’m new here but I haven’t seen any information on this. How do I setup a custom domain?

3 Likes

Hi @lloydpearsoniv,

If you click the “Share” button in the top right corner of the Studio dashboard, you should see the “Add a domain” button. There, you will find instructions on what to put in your DNS records to integrate your custom domain.

Setting up a custom domain on Pickaxe is easy. As @stephenasuncion mentioned, if you click on the share button in the top right of the studio builder, you’ll see the “Add a domain” button.

After clicking it, you’ll be prompted to add either your CNAME or A Record.

You’ll have to go over to the DNS settings for your domain provider (Squarespace, GoDaddy, Namecheap) and add a new record there.

If you want to add your studio at a subdomain, for example, gpt.example.com, but you already have a website set up at example.com, it’s best to use a CNAME.

If you want your whole website to be a studio, it’s best to use an A Record. In this case, you may need to add one for both www.example.com and example.com.

Once you have, just click “I have updated my records”.

It could take up to 24 hours for the changes to reflect.

As always, feel free to reach out if you encounter any issues at all!

2 Likes

I have tried the the cname but i didnt work. Do i need to set up a website first.

You need to buy a domain first, yes.

Then you need to add the records.

This post explains how to setup a custom domain more detail.

Can you add just one record? I have an actual website on the TLD. Want to add the pickaxe to the subdomain ai.bestantigua.com I am told the record should be
cname.vercel-dns.com

Yes, if you already have a domain set up, then you can add a subdomain and host your studio there.

1 Like