Walkthrough: How to Host Studios at Custom Domain

I’ve talked to multiple customers recently who are asking about how to set up a custom domain for their studio. I wanted to take the time to write up a good response about it.

A Record / Host a studio at a full domain
Let’s say you own the domain shakespeare.tools that you currently don’t host anything at. And you want to host your AI Studio at this domain. Doing this is fairly simple:

• Click the Add a Domain button in your studio.
  • Select A Record
  • Copy the series of numbers like 76.76.21.21
  • Visit your Domain Host provider (NameCheap, GoDaddy, etc.)
  • Add an A Record
  • For the Host enter: @
  • For the value enter the series of numbers from before
  • In the studio domain setup, click “I have updated my records”.

Here is a screenshot of what a successfully configured A Record might look like in your domain provider:

CName / Host a studio at a subomain
Let’s say you own the domain Dedentify.com. Maybe you even currently host a popular website at that domain. And you want to host your AI Studio at this domain using the subdomain of studio.Dedentify.com. Fortunately, doing this is fairly simple as well:

• Click the Add a Domain button in your studio.
  • Select CName
  • Copy the text there: cname.vercel-dns.com
  • Visit your Domain Host provider (NameCheap, GoDaddy, etc.)
  • You probably already have A Records for this domain. Ignore those.
  • Add an CName Record
  • For the Host enter whatever you want the subdomain to be. In this case “studio”. But it could also be “app” or “member” or whatever you want.
  • For the value paste the text: cname.vercel-dns.com
  • In the studio domain setup, click “I have updated my records”.

Here is a screenshot of what a successfully configured CName might look like in your domain provider:

If you have specific questions, please click here. For more information about Studio, check out this walkthrough of the Studio product.

1 Like

Hi there, so I’ve done this…but the page is showing a login screen:

I would like the custom domain to be a page where they sign up.

At the moment, I’ve got this option:

Which is a landing page, but the ‘Try’ button goes straight into all the tools.

I’m a bit confused about how it all comes together!

When I click on your links, they take me to a login screen. It seems like you’ve got it working!

Looks good. At the top I noticed 5 uses left. Sign up for full access" So it seems to be working correctly. :+1:

1 Like